- Relax: Read a book, listen to music, stargaze, watch a movie, take a nap.
- Pamper yourself: Run a hot bath or shower, paint your nails, sleep in.
- Laugh: at anything.
- Be active: Walk, skate, bike, board, play sports, get outside.
- Connect to: land, family, friends.
- Get creative: Sketch, write poetry, paint, play music.
- Get your hands dirty: Cook, bake, garden, clean.
- Reflect: Meditate, journal, spiritual or cultural practices.
Life is busy so sometimes self care is all about quality over quantity. If you’re having trouble fitting in self care, make a point of eating well, sleeping well and savouring a bath or shower. To get a good night’s sleep try to stick to a regular schedule, make your room a sleep haven (blinds, fan, whatever you need), stop staring at screens before winding down and instead create a relaxing bedtime routine like reading or meditating. Oh, and avoid having a big meal, caffeine or nicotine a few hours before bed!